West Bengal Police Recruitment 2013 – 400 Sub Inspector Vacancies
West Bengal Police has taken out posts for unarmed Sub-Inspector and Lady Sub-Inspector for the year 2013. Pay Scale offered to the aspiring candidates is Rs.7, 100-37,600/ (which comes under Pay Band-3) plus Grade Pay of Rs.3,900//. Other admissible allowances are included along with the pay scale.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2013 detailsPosts for Sub-Inspector (un-armed) are 282 in number. There are 118 vacancies for unarmed lady sub-inspectors. Special seats are allotted to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A and OBC-B category. The posts are meant for only candidates of West Bengal. The rules are meant to undergo changes which might be made from time to time as per the requirement of the State.
Eligibility criteriaOnly candidates who are of Indian origin can apply for the post of unarmed sub-inspector and unarmed lady sub-inspector.
- A candidate wishing to apply for the above mentioned posts should hold a degree from a recognized university. He/she can also hold a degree which is equivalent to the university degree to be eligible for the post.
- People less than twenty years of age are not eligible for the post. They should not be above 27 years of age. The candidates should not be born before 2nd January, 1986 and they should also not be born after 1st January, 1993. For the reserved quota there is relaxation of five years. For OBC category there is relaxation of 3 years unlike the relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- Male candidates can only apply for the post of sub-inspector only if they carry a height of 1.67 metres. They should weigh 51.5 kg. Chest measurement of these candidates should be 79 cm. Minimum expansion of the chest measurement can be up to 5 cm. Health manual of the sector carries other requirements which a candidate should have to be eligible for the post. Vision of the eyes should be as per the requirement mentioned in the health manual.
- Candidates from Darjeeling should support a height of 1.60 m. Weight of these candidates should be 50 kg. Chest size required in 7620 cm. Minimum chest expansion allowed is up to 5 cm. Vision requirement should be as given in the health manual.
- Female candidates should be of 45 kg, 1.60 m in height and with vision as per the health manual. For Darjeeling women height allowed is 1.55 m. Other requirements remain the same. For all other information please read West Bengal Police Recruitment 2013 notification, link given below of the page.
Candidates wishing to join the job need to undergo written examination. Verification of their particulars is to be done only afterwards. Preliminary exam is general in nature. There are general knowledge and objective type questions from Arithmetic for the candidates. Qualifying candidates will receive a call for the final exam which consists of 3 papers. Paper 11 consists of 50 marks towards English. Paper 111 is also of 50 marks and one hour. Languages tested upon are Bengali, Urdu, Hindi and Nepali. All the papers are held on the same day. Merit list of the candidates clearing the papers will be called for Personality Test which is of 30 marks.
How to Apply for West Bengal Police Recruitment 2013 ?Application form is available along with the brochure with Superintendent of Police and Commissioner of Police. These can be obtained from 20th March, 2013 till 16th of April, 2013. Candidate has to submit a bank draft / postal order of Rs.150/- for obtaining the form.
For further information visit this link: http://policewb.gov.in/wbp/recruit/subinspector/nia_si_wbprb.pdfand download West Bengal Police Recruitment 2013 advertisement