In the past decade, India has emerged as the IT hub of the world. The IT sector is one of the biggest employment sectors in India, with literally thousands of small, mid-sized, and large IT organizations employing millions of Indians.
However, some companies stand out from the rest, both, in terms of their market share, and from the perspective of employees as well. A good company to work in is not necessarily one which gives you the highest pay package. Rather, it is about a host of factors, such as employee benefits, work culture, management practices etc. If you are planning a career in the IT sector in India, here is a list of top 10 IT companies in India to work for:
- Google, India- Google is one of the best organizations to work with globally, and Google, India is no different. Google is a company which encourages employees to be leaders, thus creating a very dynamic work environment. It has a flexible appraisal system, which means, if you are good, you will be rewarded fast and appropriately.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. –TCS is one of the largest employers in the IT sector in India, employing close to 1,11,000 people. Being a part of the Tata empire, you can expect a caring management and global HR practices at TCS.
- Intel, India- Intel is one of the biggest technology companies in the world, well known for manufacturing chips that run computers. It also stands out for being a good workplace. The organization has a very start-up kind of environment, which means, you are encouraged to speak your mind out and handle diverse profiles.
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.- Founded in 1981 with a staff strength of just 7, Infosys has gone on to become one of the largest It companies in India. The company has a good reward system in place, and you will definitely enjoy the working atmosphere here.
- Intuit Technology Services- The company stands out for its “45 day tax free period.” In this period, you are not expected to meet any goals. Rather, you are expected to acquaint yourself with the environment, connect with people etc. Thus, you get a very easy induction process, apart from a proactive HR approach.
- NIIT- NIIT is essentially a youth centric organization. The HR policies of the organization are flexible and in tune with the expectations of the new generation. In recent years, the company has revamped itself to appeal to youth, with its flexible appraisal policies.
- Microsoft, India- Microsoft is a global tech joint, and one of the best IT companies in India to work for. With its transparent culture, and a balance between work and life, working at Microsoft India can be a real delight.
- L&T Infotech- A part of the L&T group, which is known for its engineering and manufacturing services, L&T is one of the biggest employers in the IT sector in India. We all love an organization which rewards us for our efforts, and at L&T Infotech, you can always expect that.
- SAP Labs- The company has been ranked at number 24 in the list of best companies to work for in India. The organization has global HR practices, which imbibe a sense of positivity in the workplace.
- Agilent technologies- The company may not stand anywhere in terms of size compared to organizations like Google or TCS. But it is definitely regarded as one of the best companies to work for in India. It stands out for its innovative HR practices, which add to the vibrancy of the work atmosphere.