Union public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced vacancies for Medical officers and Asst. Labor Commissioner Posts. The information for the posts are given as under. Interested and eligible candidates can read the notification given below and apply for the same.
Detailed View of Union Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 is as under:
Name of Posts
No. of Vacancies
|Medical Officer|| |
|Assistant Labor Commissioner (Central)|| |
Total No. of Posts : 96
Eligibility Criteria For UPSC Recruitment 2013:Age Limit (as on 31, Jan. 2013):
- The maximum age of the candidate should be 35 yrs.
- Age relaxations can be given in special cases as per government norms.
- For the post of Medical Officer: Candidate must have a recognized Medical Qualification.
- For the post of Assistant Labor Commissioner (Central): Applicant must have a degree or Diploma in social work or Labour Welfare or Industrial Relations or Personnel Management or labor Law from a recognized university.
- Medical Officer: Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 adding up Rs. 54,00 as Grade Pay + NPA
- Assistant Labor Commissioner: 15,600 – 39,100 adding up Rs. 5400 as Grade Pay.
- Application fees for General Na OBS candidates id Rs. 25/- through any branch of SBI Bank or any associate bank of SBI.
- Application fees for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women are not applicable.
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2013:
- Eligible candidates can apply only through mode.
- Visit the official site of UPSC i.e www.upsconline.nic.in
- Fill in the application form given on the site.
- Take a hard copy of you’re filled in application form.
- Enclose all the required documents (for the list of required documents visit the official website) along with the application form.
- You are advised to recheck the form before sending.
- Send the application form to the following address:
Joint Secretary (Recruitment)Selection Process
UPSC, Dholpur house,
New Delhi- 110069
- Candidate will be selected on the basis of a written test.
- Candidates obtaining good marks will be eligible for group discussion and likewise for the final interview.
Important Dates to Remember for Union Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013:
- Last date for the payment of fees: between 12th January to 31st January 2013.
- Starting date for submission of online application: 12th January, 2013.
- Last date to submit the application form is: 31st January 2013.
- Last date of printing of completed application form: 1st February 2013 till 23:59 Hours.
UPSC Recruitment 2013 (CLOSED)
Union Public Service Commission) has earned a reputation of being a frequent provider of employment opportunities for the deserving candidates throughout the country. UPSC operates on numerous levels nationally and this includes central as well as state level operations. Candidates are always in the lookout for UPSC job vacancies because it covers almost all the major fields of job, which ensures employment opportunities for people related to all genres of work. The Union Public Service Commission has issued notifications for the recruitment process to be held for the posts of Geologists. The qualifying candidates will have to submit their applications by 15th October 2012. The candidates have to strictly follow the eligibility criteria set by commission and the government regarding the mentioned vacancies.
UPSC Geologist Examination 2012 details
UPSC has invited applications from eligible and qualified candidates for the post of Geologist. The total number of vacancies for which the recruitment notification has been issued is 382. These vacancies have been further divided into the specific disciplines and job categories in the department. The division of the total number of vacancies has been done as follows:
Category 1(Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines) – There are 2 sub categories of job vacancies which come under this category. These are:
- Geologist (Group A): The number of vacancies fixed for this post is 300.
- Assistant Geologist Grade 1 (Group B): 67 vacancies have been mentioned for this post.
Category 2 (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): The division of vacancies in this category is as follows:
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B – Group B): 3 vacancies have been notified for this position.
- Assistant Hydrogeologists (Group B): The number of vacancies for this position is 12.
A certain number of vacancies have also been fixed for the candidates who belong to the reservation categories and disability categories, provided, they produce the proof of the categories they belong to.
Eligibility Conditions for UPSC Geologist Exam 2012
Commission has clearly mentioned the eligibility criteria for various elements of a candidate’s overall career and it is mandatory that the candidates follow these criteria very strictly in order to be shortlisted for the further recruitment procedure. The most primary criterion being that the citizens need to have Indian citizenship.
The age limit criterion that has been set for the posts of Geologist (Group A) and Assistant Geologist Grade 1 (Group B) is 21 years to 32 years. For the post of Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B – Group B), the age limits are 21 years to 35 years. The age limit fixed by the authorities for the post of Assistant Hydrogeologists (Group B) is 21 years to 30 years.
The various categories, under which the vacancies have been notified, require relevant educational qualifications according to the mentioned fields. The educational qualifications that have been set as a criteria for the candidates is to have a Masters’ Degree in Geology or Geological Science or Hydro Geology whichever may be applicable to the advertised vacancy category accordingly. The educational qualifications have to be very specific because the mentioned job categories are very precise in nature.
Selection and Application Procedure
The candidates who fulfill all the required eligibility criteria will be shortlisted and intimated. These shortlisted candidates would be required to appear in the written test that would be conducted by the UPSC. The documents of the shortlisted candidates will be verified. On the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the written test, they will be shortlisted and called for interviews. The final selection decision will be made on the basis of the performances in these rounds.