Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test (PSTET): The Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted by the Punjab Government to test the eligibility of teachers. This test was conducted for those candidates who will be aspiring to become a primary teacher it include classes from 1 to v and upper primary classes are vi to viii in the state of Punjab only. Specifically this test is compulsory for all B.E.D qualified students who want a job in schools which is run by the Punjab government as well as private schools also.
TET test has set and announced by the NCTE (National Council for teacher education) for the purpose of giving free and compulsory education to the children’s under the right of children act 2009.
Qualifications required for PSTET test as per the NCTE Rules:
- Candidate should have Passed Senior Secondary or its equivalent with 45 % marks According to Punjab TET (Teachers Eligibility test) for classes (1 to v).
- Those who are pursuing diploma in elementary education and pursuing graduation are also eligible for TET Test conducted by the Punjab Government as per NCTE Rules.
- For classes (VI TO VIII) Qualification of teachers required at least candidate should have passed B.A/B.S.C with at least 45% marks.
- And the B.E.D Candidates should score minimum 60% to qualify the teachers eligibility test (TET).
|Test Pattern||No. of Questions||Marks description||Classes|
|Paper 1): Objective Type questions papers.||150 MCQs||1 marks for each question||For classes 1 to v to become teachers.|
|Paper 2): objective type question paper||150 MCQs||1 Marks for each question||For classes vi to viii to become teachers for upper primary teacher.|
Note: It is noted that candidates who want to become a teacher of classes 1 to viii they can apply for both the papers and they can appear both the papers to get a qualifying marks to be considered as a teacher for all classes.
Information of PSTET 2013 Examination in detail: (FOR PAPER 1ST):
Structure of Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test 2013:
- Child development and pedagogy – it include 30 questions and each carry 30 marks for each question.
- Language 1 and Language 2 – it also include 30 questions and each carry 30 marks for each question both for language 1 and language 2.
- Mathematics – it includes 30 questions and each question carry 30 marks for each question.
- Environmental Studies – it includes 30 questions and each carry 30 marks for each question.
- In this child and development paper, Language1 Paper and language 2 papers is compulsory for each candidate.
- Mathematics and science teacher: It includes 60 questions and each carry 60 marks for each question.
- Social studies and social science: it includes 60 questions and each carry 60 marks for each question.
- Candidate can apply online according to the published advertisement.
- Online registration starts from the date 20-dec-2013.
- Last date of receiving online registration date is 31-dec-2013.
- Fee payment will be made is dated on 03-jan-2013.
- Upload admit card for examination is dated on 07-jan-2013.
- Written examination will be conducted on 20-jan-2013.
- Result will be out on the date of 28-jan-2013.